Alayne is now offering a picture book writing course – Art of Arc: How to Analyze Your Picture Book Manuscript (deepen your understanding of picture books written with a classic arc).
Alayne Kay Christian is an award-winning children’s book author, a certified life coach and a blogger. Her independently published picture book, “Butterfly Kisses for Grandma and Grandpa,” Blue Whale Press, LLC, received the Mom’s Choice Awards gold medal and an IPPY Awards silver medal. The anthology, “Jingle Bells: Tales of Holiday Spirit from Around the World,” Melusine Muse Press, includes two short stories by Alayne, “Christmas Spirit” and “Christmas in June.”
Alayne is a graduate of the Institute of Children’s Literature (ICL) course in Writing for Children and Teenagers. After nomination by the ICL faculty, Alayne also completed their advanced course in Writing and Selling Children’s Books.
Other Completed Courses:
- Intensive Picture Book Course with Anastasia Suen
- Making Picture Book Magic with Susanna Leonard Hill
- Mira Reisberg’s and Marsha Diane Arnold’s Writing Wonderful Character-Driven Picture Books course through The Children’s Book Academy
- Emma Walton Hamilton’s Just Write for Middle Grade and Chapter Books
- Mira Reisberg’s and Hillary Homzie’s The Chapter Book Alchemist course through The Children’s Book Academy
- Renee M. LaTulippe’s The Lyrical Language Lab: Punching Up Prose with Poetry
- SCBWI Workshop Tammi’s Top Picture Book Writing Secrets with Tammi Sauer and Janee Trasler
- Sudipta Bardhan-Quallen and Kami Kinard’s Kid Lit Summer School: Building Characters
- Sudipta Bardhan-Quallen and Kami Kinard’s Kid Lit Summer School: The Plot Thickens
- Children’s Book Academy Workshop, Rules to Break and Make Your Picture Book with Ariel Richardson, Miranda Paul, and Mira Reisburg
- Various webinars and SCBWI conference workshops on writing children’s books
Alayne is a member of the SCBWI. She is an active participant in the 12 x 12 writing community, an annual participant in the Picture Book Idea Month challenge and a member of many other writing groups. She is the founder and administrator of Sub Six, a Facebook group intended for supporting and motivating picture book writers with their submission goals.
“Butterfly Kisses for Grandma and Grandpa” is available in bookstores and libraries, at Amazon.com. It is also available through Follett Library Resources. For more information visit http://www.butterflykissesgrandparents.com or bluewhalepress.com.
“Jingle Bells: Tales of Holiday Spirit from Around the World” is available in paperback and Kindle on Amazon.com.
ALAYNE’S INTERVIEWS AND GUEST POSTS ON OTHER BLOGS
GOAL BUSTERS – I give tips on goal setting.
REALISTIC TIME EXERCISE – I give tips on time management for writers.
AUTHOR’S SPOTLIGHT – I give tips on books on writing, I offer a writing prompt, tips on coping with writer’s block, and much more.
INTERVIEW: HOW I GOT MY AGENT