With the holidays coming, I am offering contests with prizes and random giftaways to the kid lit writers and illustrators community as a thank you for always supporting me, Blue Whale Press, and our authors and illustrators. Last week, our giftaway offered four ARCs for Randall and Randall by Nadine Poper and illustrated by Polina Gortman.
This week we are giving away, for first prize, a hardcover pre-release proof for No Bears Allowed along with a fifteen-minute “first impressions” picture book critique from me (Alayne) via telephone or Skype. For second through fourth places, we will be giving away a softcover of No Bears Allowed to three winners. If you aren’t familiar with No Bears Allowed, you can view the fun book trailer below.
My goal is to have weekly contests until we run out of prizes. So watch for more Holiday Giftaways–books, critiques, bundles of ARCs, and some other great things.
Following is a twenty-six-second peek at the No Bears Allowed downloadable and printable activity book. Visit Blue Whale Press to download it.
Following is the photo for the contest.
- Write a funny or heartfelt caption for the above photo of Rabbit and Bear.
- The caption must relate to Thanksgiving or being thankful for something. Still, the funnier or touching the better.
- Add interest to your caption by printing out the photo and putting it in a Thanksgiving setting and then taking your own photo starring Bear and Rabbit. You can right click the photo to save or copy it for printing or to include it with your caption on your blog.
- Post the above photo (or your own Thanksgiving Bear and Rabbit photo) with your caption on your blog along with a blurb about the contest and a link to this blog.
- Post between right now this very second and Wednesday, December 4 by 11:59 PM EDT
- IMPORTANT! Add your name and your blog post-specific link in a comment here in this post (post-specific link not your blog’s main url because if you put up a new post on your blog after your entry during the dates of the contest, the judges will find the wrong post!)
- If you don’t have a blog, just leave your name and the caption in a comment, explaining you don’t have a blog.
- If you have difficulty posting in the comments, which unfortunately sometimes happens, you may email your entry using the contact form on my blog or at alaynecritiques at gmail dot com, and I’ll post it for you. Please place your entry in the body of the email including your title and byline at the top – NO ATTACHMENTS!
- Please submit your entry only ONCE.
Judging criteria will be as follows:
- Thanksgiving appeal.
- Originality and creativity.
- Humor or heart tugging.
- Following the directions thoroughly. Very important. Not following directions may result is disqualification.
Winners will be announced on this blog, Facebook, and Twitter on Saturday, December 7.
First place: A pre-release proof (hardcover) of No Bears Allowed and a fifteen-minute “first impressions” critique from me (Alayne) via Skype or telephone. Learn more about Alayne here.
If outside of the U.S., the prize will be an e-ARC and the critique will have to be Skype or written.
Second Through Fourth Place: A softcover copy of No Bears Allowed.